EGG ROLL RECIPE – SLEEK’S EGG ROLL RECIPE – How will I ever forget my love for Egg Roll. In short, it was already a nickname for me not just because I loved it but I also looked like it. But thanks to natural leaves such as Nooni, Moringa, etc that helped in trimming me down. Anyways, egg roll is one very common confectionery which is loved by everyone.
It’s rich in protein as egg is the source. It’s been a tradition in Nigeria that people who make this egg roll use half of an egg, making the ration small. The worse is that they even increase the pay. You too can achieve a lot better and delicious eggroll in less pay and be sure of your personal hygiene. SLEEK’S FOOD is aimed at bringing a healthy diet to your home. Here, is another meal from us – EGG ROLL RECIPE. Enjoy!!!!
Ingredients – EGG ROLL RECIPE
- 200g Flour.
- 50g Margarine or butter.
- 1tbsp Sugar.
- ½ tsp Baking powder.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- 2tbsp Powder milk.
- ½ cup Water.
- 4pc Eggs.
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg.
- A deep and non-sticky skillet (frying pan)
- Rolling pin and board (table)
- A kitchen knife and a wooden spoon or hand whisk
- Mixing bowls
- As well as an apron
Procedure – EGG ROLL RECIPE
- Into a dry plastic bowl, measure flour and baking powder together and sieve. To the sieved mixture, add sugar, nutmeg and pinch of salt. Mix with a wooden spoon or a hand whisk.
- Add the margarine or butter and mix with either the hand or the wooden spoon. Mix till it becomes like fine bread crumbs.
- Into another bowl, measure water and milk. Mix until mixture is well done and set aside.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture of flour, baking powder, sugar, etc. Pour the mixture of water and milk into the flour mixture. Mix all together with your hands and set aside to rest. By now, all the crumbs would have gathered due to the kneading of the palms and forms a large ball.
- Boil your eggs, remove the shell and allow it to cool.
- Rub your palms with some flour as well as the kneading table or chopping board together with the rolling pin; take a small amount of pastry and roll. Add some flour to palms, table, and rolling pin when it becomes stickier. Set aside enough to cover an egg. Take an egg and place it at the centre of the pastry, try to cover up the egg with the pastry until it’s completely covered. Remove excess from sides when done with the covering with the use of a knife.
- Cover in a bowl and allow to rise for 15 mins.
- Fry in hot vegetable oil until golden brown under medium heat. (Note: Deep frying is required).
Your egg roll is ready, enjoy with any PUNCH or DRINK.