Decorating cake has always been an issue to most caterers said one of my tutors in a class. I made up my mind to surprise her on the 6th November, which is her birthday.
I also wanted to use the technique she felt was difficult which actually is not but the easiest to make her cake. She was so amazed last year and was out of words. Guess the method? It’s butter icing
Ingredients For Decorating Cake
Decorating cake needs some special Ingredient that will make it look more like what you want. Below is a list of the Ingredient
- First layering
- 500g butter
- 4 tablespoons of evaporated milk
- Icing sugar
- Second layering
- 800g butter
- Icing sugar
Tools Use for Decorating Cake
- Wooden spoon
- The icing pipe with its different shapes of mouths
Procedure To Decorating Cake
The first process I started with was the covering of the cake. Some people use layers of cakes as one. This process must cover the beginning and end of each layer of the cake
- After the mixing of the first layering into a bowl, use a spatula to collect the mixture and rub properly on all sides of the cake, rubbing it properly to cover all sides of the cake. Cake particles might drop so I advise you remove the cake particles together with the icing and discard to a bowl different from the icing bowl to avoid having the particles of the cake showing after layering.
- For the piping, the second layering measurement of ingredients are mixed. Mix properly till your satisfied with the texture making sure it can coat the cake without dropping.
- You can now add the mixture into your pipe and pipe it to any design and decoration you choose using the various mouths for piping.
Note: The both mixtures can be kept in the fridge to give it some strength before coating.
This kind of icing is mainly used for kids cakes and cakes that are not going through a long distance of delivery.