Chocolate cake recipe has been an issue after my first sight in a friend’s birthday party. Tried making several ones at home and found it very disastrous but like it’s said failure is just the beginning of success.
I kept on trying on how to make Chocolate Cake and I came up with a Chocolate Cake Recipe that everyone would love to enjoy and I would love to try on my 20th birthday. Here is the Sleek’s recipe
Requirement – Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 200g butter/margarine(either of the both)
- 350g flour
- 350g sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 70g cocoa powder
- 300ml hot water
- 3-5tbp powdered milk
- 1/2Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4Tsp preservative
- Icing sugar(powdered sugar)
- Creamed cheese
- Softened butter
- Liquid milk
- Vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
See More on How to Coconut cake
Chocolate Cake Recipe – Equipment
- Baking pans
- Oven with heating capacity
- Mixing bowls
- Electric hand whisk
- Measuring cups
- Egg whisk
- As well as an apron
Procedure: Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Grease an 8” pan with margarine generously using a paper towel and sprinkle some cocoa powder since we’re making a chocolate cake on the base and sides.
- Into a mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda and preservative into a bowl and whisk with a clean dry egg whisk
- Pour in the eggs, hot water, ps of vegetable oil and buttermilk. Please, the water is just hot, not boiling. Mix all together with the use of the electric hand whisk. Do not over mix, the aim is to combine all the ingredients. After about or less than a min of whisking, use the spatula to combine properly making sure that the ingredients are not left on the body or under of the bowl.
- Preheat your oven in 350oc, to keep the cake at a normal temperature for even baking.
- Pour into pan and bake in a moderately hot oven for 45mins. Since this is a four 8” layered cake, the use of a measuring cup would be necessary to keep all in perfect and equal sizes.
- Make sure to keep the cakes at the center of the oven to ensure even heating. If your oven is small, you can always bake the ones it can serve, and bake the others right after.
- Once done, that is after sticking a toothpick right down the center of the cake and coming out with a clean without crumbs, allow to cool for like 5mins on a wire rack and then after remove from the pan by turning it out on a plate or cake board.
- While we’re waiting for the cake to cool, let’s make our frosting which would be a chocolate cream cheese butter cream. In a bowl, add 6 ounces of cream cheese and 2 cups of softened butter and whip together with the electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 cups of cocoa powder make sure it’s of a high quality because it matters and makes the difference between others. Mix together using the hand whisk and add a cup of liquid milk in bits.
- Add 6 cups of powdered sugar (icing sugar) and whisk again with the electric whisk. The electric whisk is very comfortable to use and doesn’t consume time. It just mixes your ingredient and makes it look fluffy and perfect to the eyes. Mix till it looks like the SLEEK’S ROYAL ICING.
- Use a spatula and spread in-between cakes and around the body just like an icing. ENJOY!!!!!
See More on How to Coconut cake