Marble Cake – Simple Marble Cake Recipe – The natural colors of this kind of cake, that is the use of cocoa powder as detailed below can be awesomely used as a wedding cake. Wedding cake, I mean the one being shared for guests.
The beauty of this kind cannot be overemphasized especially when the colorings are of high and good quality including the cocoa. The cake covers for the decoration. The multiple colors of this cake makes it relevant in children party. It actually looks like a marble. I bet you want to try this for your next party. Here is the sleek’s recipe for an enjoyable marble cake.
INGREDIENTS- For Marble Cake
- 150g Margarine
- 350g flour.
- 200g sugar.
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (strawberry, lemon, vanilla, etc.
- 11/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon preservative.
- 7 eggs.
- Powdered milk
- Pinch of salt
- Paste colors (e.g. Pink and leaf green coloring or cocoa powder)
Learn How to make Chocolate Cake
- An oven with good heating capacity
- Bowls for mixing
- The wooden spoon or mixer
- Baking pan
- Long toothpick and a knife
- Wire rack
- As well as an apron
See Simple Sponge Coconut Cake Recipes
PROCEDURE – On How to Make Marble Cake
- Measure flour, baking powder, salt, powdered milk and cake preservative accurately and sieve into a clean dry bowl.
- Measure margarine into a mixing bowl, add the measured sugar into the same bowl and start creaming using a mixer or by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Cream sugar, margarine until light, fluffy, increased in size and almost white.
- Break egg into a bowl and whisk lightly, add gradually into your creamed mixture and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Switch off mixer and gradually fold in your mixture of flour, baking powder and preservative into the mixture using a metal spoon (spatula) until all flour has been added.
- Divide the batter into two equal halves. Add to one part vanilla flavor and pink paste coloring and to the other part, add lemon flavor and green paste coloring. If these colors are too bright, you could divide the batter into two and add cocoa powder to one of the mixture and leave the other natural.
- Pour into a well-greased baking pan (with margarine and flour ) the mixture of the pink and green batter interchangeably or the natural and cocoa batter until both batter is exhausted and use a clean long toothpick to move round the cake in a haphazard (zigzag) motion. This is actually the beauty.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven or 45mins-2hours depending on cake size.
- To check when the cake is ready or when the cake is done insert a sharp object knife or skewer into the cake middle, if it comes out clean, that means the cake is ready.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for two minutes and serve. This kind does not really require icing and decorations since it’s not a plain cake.