SLEEK’S Fruit Cake Recipe – As the name implies, this cake consists of several fruits. When I mean fruit, I don’t mean you should use orange, pineapple or even watermelon on the cake. Little and attractive fruits like the berries are majorly used. It also contains dried fruits which adds to the taste. Here is the sleek’s recipe on the fruit cake.
Ingredient For Making Fruit Cake Recipe
- 350g Flour.
- 300g Margarine.
- 200g Sugar.
- 5 Eggs.
- A pinch of salt
- 55g Milk (optional).
- 70ml Water.
- ¼ Teaspoon Preservative.
- 1 Teaspoon Flavor.
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder.
- Others: Mixed fruit, Cherry, Brandy, Brownie, Treacle (optional).
- Flavoring e.g. strawberry, vanilla, lemon, almond etc., spices e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg
- An oven with good heating capacity
- Clean mixing bowls
- A spatula or wooden spoon
- A sieve
- Egg whisk
- Baking pan
- Wire rack
- Greased proof paper
Procedure To Make Fruit Cake Recipe
- Soak mixed fruit and cherry in brandy prior to baking day.
- Cream margarine, sugar and flavor together using a mixer until fluffy.
- Add preservative, salt, and baking powder into flour and sieve into a dry bowl.
- Add milk to water in a separate bowl, mix to blend with the hand whisk.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl
- Gradually add the egg into the creamed mixture and cream again using the mixer, then add mixture of flour, preservative, salt, baking powder into the creamed mixture. Add the milk and water solution, folding in gradually all using a wooden spoon (spatula).
- Add more of the flavoring and the spice.
- Add black treacle and fruits already soaked in brandy, interchanging each addition time after time until all flour and soaked fruits have been added. Add brownie a little at a time until the desired color is achieved. Line the baking pan with greaseproof paper or brownie paper or grease with flour and margarine
- Pour batter mixture into pan.
- Bake fruit cake in a moderately hot oven until cooked for about one & half hours depending on the size of the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For Christmas presentation, arrange cherries, nut, etc. on top of the cake in the desired manner. This adds to the beauty of the cake after the icing preferably the ROYAL ICING or BUTTER ICING.