We are going to be looking at how to prepare BEEF SHAWARMA
INGREDIENTS FOR BEEF SHAWARMA
- Dressing cream.
- Pita flat bread.
- Cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, onion- for the toppings
- Boiled beef
- Tomato Ketchup.
- Chili pepper.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
Procedure For Making BEEF SHAWARMA
- First method- marinate the boiled beef. The beef is boiled by adding half cup of water, thyme, curry, Maggi, salt, pepper, olive oil and onion. This makes up the sauce which would be spread on the sharwama.
- In a bowl, put only the boiled beef, sliced onion, lemon juice, grinded garlic, salt, chili pepper and olive oil. Mix properly with clean hands or leather hand gloves. Transfer to a large buffet pan, cover with a film and keep for 5 hours or probably, overnight.
- Put in a microwave and heat for 20mins covered with a foil. Remove excess water after the first microwaving and put again into the microwave to get the beef softened.
- Allow to stay for another 10mins to allow to heat brown.
- Lay down your pita bread on a clean tray. Spread your dressing cream (mayonnaise), ketchup and chili pepper on the bread. Add in parts the sliced cabbage, chopped onion, tomato and cucumber to the middle of the bread.
- Add in the microwaved beef and spread the sauce on it.
- Wrap up the pita bread and its content making sure that all ingredients are covered. You could use the help of a toothpick to achieve this purpose.